Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I know if I have an account?

A: The easiest way to find out is by logging in. You can log in either by clicking on the Dashboard Login tab at the top of the page, or by going to

Q: What credentials do I use to log into my account?

A: You will use the same username and password as your UtahID. You will know that you have logged into the Statewide eSign system if you see either your agency’s logo or the State of Utah seal on the top left corner of the screen.


Q: I am getting an Access Denied message after logging in. What does that mean?

A: Getting an Access Denied message typically means that you do not have an account. Contact us at to request an account.

Q: I logged in but don’t see either the State of Utah seal or my agency’s logo on the top left corner of the screen. What does this mean?

A: This typically means that you are logged into a free account or individual account. Free or individual accounts will not have the same functionality that those within the Statewide system will have. Contact us to have your account migrated.

Q: Who can request an account?

A: All State of Utah employees are eligible to have access to eSign. However, depending on your agency’s processes, we may refer you to someone within your agency who will request the account on your behalf.

Q: How long does it take for a new account request to process?

A: We usually have a turnaround time of 24 hours, unless you have a previous free or individual account that we need to migrate over. However, due to many the recent increase in account requests for the possibility of teleworking, account requests may be delayed. We ask that if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours of your original request, please send us another email.

Q: What kind of documents can I use eSign form?

A: Almost all of our government forms and internal processes may be used for eSign, with the exception of documents that need to be notarized, or if a document specifically required to have a “wet” signature. If you are unsure, please contact us.

Q: What file types can I upload?

A: The system allows a wide range of file types to be uploaded, such as Word, Excel, PDFs, basic text files, and many more. To get a full list of acceptable file types, click here.

Q: Is there a limit to how many agreements/documents I can send?

A: The State of Utah has an unlimited amount of transactions we as an entire state can send out for signatures or approvals.

Q: How many signers or approvers can I have for a single transaction?

A: The system allows for up to 25 participants, whether they are all approvers, all signers, or a combination of the two.

Q: Can I send to someone who is not a State of Utah employee?

A: Yes, you may.

Q: What if the person I’m sending to does not have an account?

A: The only person that needs an account is the sender. If the participant does NOT have an account, the system will not prompt them to log in.

Q: Will I be notified once the document has finished processing?

A: Yes, you will be notified via email, along with the other participants and those listed as CCs. Everyone will also receive a copy of the signed document as an attachment in the final notification email.

Q: Is there a way to check the status of the transaction?

A: Yes, you can check the status via your Manage page. Watch this video to see how.

Q: Can I cancel a document that I send out or refuse to sign a document that was sent to me?

A: Yes, you can cancel a document that you send out anytime during the routing process before it gets completed. You can also refuse to sign any document that was sent to you. However, you once you have signed and completed your portion of the agreement, you may not cancel it at that point.

Q: I made a mistake when I entered someone’s email address as a signer. Can I change that?

A: Yes, you can change the participants email address as long as the person you originally entered did not complete their portion of the agreement yet. Learn how to replace a signer by clicking here.

Q: I made a mistake on the document. Can I change the content?

A: No. Once a document has been sent out for signature then the content cannot be changed. You will need to cancel the transaction and start over.

Q: I downloaded the completed agreement and need to make changes but the PDF says that it’s protected. What do I do?

A: The system protects any document that’s downloaded from your account, for security purposes. Although you are not able to make changes to the original document, you can do a “Microsoft Print to PDF” on the document, which will create a separate copy of the original. Be aware, however, that you do this at your own risk, and any changes made to the signed copy will may affect its legitimacy.

Q: Who can create templates and workflows?

A: Anyone can create templates, but we advise you refrain from selecting the share option of “Anyone in my organization” as this will share with everyone within the State of Utah.

Only group admins may create workflows. Please reach out to your group admin if you have a workflow request.

Q: I need advanced help that the instructional videos do not cover. What other resources are available?

A: You may contact us at with any issues or requests you have with eSign. You may also contact us to request for webinar based training if you have an audience of 10 or more participants.